I “attended” an online workshop over the weekend about Building your Wedding Photography business with Jasmine Star, hosted over at Creative Live. First off, I love Jasmine. Her energy and inspiration is contagious! And she’s very open about what she does and how she got there. Awesome!
Am I a wedding photographer? No. Do I plan to be a wedding photographer? No. So why did I take the class? To learn. From Jasmine. Because she rocks. Let’s step back, it was a business workshop, focusing on photography, by someone who has a good handle on what’s going on in the photography world online.
What’s that? A business workshop? Sign me up. Photography based, even better.
So what were my take-aways?
- practice my craft. every day.
- connect with like-minded photographers. starting with Open Source Photo. they’re primarily wedding and portrait based, so if you know of a forum that’s primarily landscape photographers please tell me about it.
- create a better daily schedule. something that works FOR ME.
- write more interesting blog postings. the ongoing saga. i’d love to start doing faq posts, so if you have any questions, then send them over.
- outsource to be happy.
- be a client on a regular basis.
- start a plan to redesign our website.
- create a distinct client profile.
- find a way to empower people to talk about us.
Are you a photographer? Did you watch the workshop? What were your favourite concepts? If you missed it Creative Live is selling downloadable copies of it for a very reasonable price. Totally worth it.
Are you a fan of our work? Tell us more about what you’d like to see here.