Decorating my home is a fun and relaxing way to unwind after a long week at work. And spring is one of my favourite times of year to breathe fresh life (and fresh air!) into our home with fun and happy colour.
But let’s be real, sometimes I just don’t know where to start. Pinterest can be sooo overwhelming. And sometimes our current home accents can be underwhelming. So when Urban Barn invited me to their workshop Bring the Spring to Your Home, I was all over it.
If you’re feeling like your home could use a little refresh, here’s a few easy spring decor ideas to get you started:
- Do a big spring tidy to tuck away all the books and magazines that have been keeping you company during your winter hibernation. I’d love to be able to put away all our hats, mitts, and boots too, but with the weather we’ve been having…
- Open up those drapes and let in the beautiful natural light! And if you’re like me and are itching for some fresh air open up all the windows on a warmish day, even if it’s just for five minutes, it really can change the feel of your home. You can also swap out your heavy winter drapes for a set that are light or sheer, so when open window season actually arrives you’ll get some nice air flow.
Now that you’ve done the super easy (and slightly boring) stuff, let’s get onto the fun part:
- Use mirrors and reflective metals and fabrics to bounce all that wonderful light around, with the added side benefit of making your home seem a little more spacious.
- Add pops of happy bright spring colour. Choose one or two or even three of your favourite spring colours and use them to accent your home. I find things look more intentional if I use each colour at least three times in a room. And it doesn’t need to be a big, bold statement – think candles, flowers, pillows, and art.
- If you’re just not daring enough to add bright colour to your home, then go for a bit of a cabana feel by adding little bits of white.
It really is that easy. Happy decorating!