Last week my local lab Forest City Image Centre hosted a wonderfully inspiring seminar featuring Ethan Meleg. To be honest, I wasn’t that familiar with his work and I didn’t decide until the day-of that I was going to go. In the end I went for two reasons:
- It was a SEMINAR about OUTDOOR photography FIFTEEN MINUTES FROM MY HOUSE.
- At the very least I thought it would be a great way to meet up with other people in the industry.
I’m sure glad I went! Ethan is WOW! He’s practical, level headed, and above all inspiring! My head is filled with all kinds of ideas for locations, subject matter, and business in general.
Here are my top five take-aways:
- the greatest challenge is to get out there and shoot
- get your butt out of bed for the best light
- get down low and use fabulous foregrounds
- put people in my photographs
- be out there – you create your own luck
Thank you Ethan for all of your wonderful insight and your infusion of inspiration!